Planning A Successful Event
- Start early in the process.
- Look at catering company websites. Do you like their information?
- Read the online reviews. Not all are accurate but if they have overwhelming postive comments, chances are they are reputable.
- Know your budget.
If you are planning any kind of a party or event, starting with Halloween through December, now is the best time to pick a date and hire a caterer. For catering companies, many of us are already well into filling our calendars.
Don't worry about having to decide upon the menu, number of guests, time, etc. That certainly may be done as the date comes nearer. But, without the date booked, there may well be no party.
- Review their website. See if the site appeals to you visually and in content.
- Read the testimonials on the site as well as on Google. They should be on Google!
- Know your budget range. Nothing could be more important before you reach out to anyone. Even if you have never catered an event, you eat out, shop for food and entertain. Think through what these things typically cost and you have a good start! Realistically, you cannot buy a roast beef sandwich, bag of chips and a drink anywhere for less than $10. Be realistic determining budget.
- Call and have a chat with the owner/chef. The best caterers are those who are full-service and will take time to work through all the details with you and help with every aspect of the event.